One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The high lying baritonal (almost heldentenor) role of the Emperor is a descendant of Richard Strauss's Emperor in Die Frau ohne Schatten.’
- ‘Temkey's commanding vocal declamation and warm, high lying, distinctively French baritonal sound recall Francis Poulenc's collaborator and frequent interpreter Pierre Bernac.’
- ‘Your teachers were all baritones and even your tenor voice has a distinct baritonal touch to it…’
- ‘It's fun to hear Price singing ‘He shall feed his flock’ with a baritonal richness that would not have been foreign to Dame Clara Butt.’
- ‘His voice is almost baritonal, and it lacks Italianate warmth, but this is beautiful singing nevertheless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.