One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of running without footwear or in footwear designed to simulate the experience of being barefoot.‘they turned to barefoot running in the hopes of improving performance’
- ‘Barefoot-running enthusiasts long have believed that running without shoes or in minimalist footwear makes running easier, speedier, and less injurious.’
- ‘Barefoot running has, for me, been a big change as a runner.’
- ‘Think of the first weeks of barefoot running as strength training for your feet.’
- ‘Barefoot running has been around for centuries, but it has enjoyed a renewed popularity the past few years.’
- ‘We can also switch to barefoot running shoes, which have already been gaining popularity among runner's circles.’
- ‘Coaches agree that barefoot running can strengthen foot muscles while allowing the runner to feel more comfortable.’
- ‘Fans of barefoot running believe wearing shoes hinders their natural stride, causing pain and injuries.’
- ‘The barefoot running craze has been around for a couple of years now.’
- ‘He described barefoot running as a good tool to change your running style.’
- ‘I was up there this weekend barefoot running in the new snow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.