One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an animal) bare its teeth aggressively.‘the snake reared up before her, baring its fangs’
- ‘The vampire curled its top lip back and bared its fangs.’
- ‘The fox demon flattened his ears and bared his fangs in a deep snarl.’
- ‘He snapped, baring his fangs at me.’
- ‘The other creature wheeled, bared its fangs.’
- ‘She hissed at me baring her fangs in a sign of a threat.’
- ‘The tiger snarls menacingly, baring its fangs, its breath heavy in the wintry air.’
- ‘She bared her fangs, a small growl emitting from her throat.’
- ‘The creature opened his mouth, bared its fangs.’
- ‘The werewolf bared its fangs in a mirthless grin and made a low growling sound that sounded chillingly like laughter.’
- ‘Again, Coco bared his fangs and lurched to attack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.