One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ulcer characteristic of Barcoo rot.‘I had one hard Barcoo sore on my right hand to begin with’
- ‘If this plant is included in a man's diet for a week, barcoo sores will heal and all trace of the disease will vanish.’
- ‘He supposes subclinical infections to be the cause, also considering in this respect skin affections as 'Barcoo sore', and 'desert sore'.’
- ‘My legs were covered with barcoo sores that would not heal.’
- ‘Sudden changes in temperature made any “Barcoo” sores most painful.’
- ‘His arm in a sling and he's full of Barcoo sores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.