One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Illness marked by attacks of vomiting.‘he hasn't been long enough in the outback to have contracted the Barcoo sickness’
- ‘Barcoo sickness of Australia may be related to malaria.’
- ‘A common illness among shearers was "Barcoo sickness".’
- ‘There is a complaint, from which those long resident in the distant bush frequently suffer severely, the Barcoo Sickness.’
- ‘It was not a household fly, but the small, sticky sort that bushmen blame for Barcoo Rot and Barcoo Sickness.’
- ‘I've never known Charlie to have trouble with his kidneys. We all think it was Barcoo sickness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.