One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Illness marked by attacks of vomiting.‘he hasn't been long enough in the outback to have contracted the Barcoo sickness’
- ‘It was not a household fly, but the small, sticky sort that bushmen blame for Barcoo Rot and Barcoo Sickness.’
- ‘There is a complaint, from which those long resident in the distant bush frequently suffer severely, the Barcoo Sickness.’
- ‘A common illness among shearers was "Barcoo sickness".’
- ‘I've never known Charlie to have trouble with his kidneys. We all think it was Barcoo sickness.’
- ‘Barcoo sickness of Australia may be related to malaria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.