Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The craft of making small models of fruit or flowers from a plastic paste.
- ‘The Tangka, barbola and sculptures of Regong Art feature refined craftsmanship and skillfully blended vibrant colors.’
- ‘It is a palace of Regong art treasures, collecting and exhibiting various masterpieces of thangka, barbola, sculpture, and sand table design.’
- ‘The decorating patterns and means were enriched: carved design, scratched design, printed design, painted design, barbola, embossment and adoption of leaves and paper-cut barbola etc.’
- ‘Some of them specialize in thangka paintings, some barbola, and some clay sculpture.’
- ‘I am please to present a very unique and beautiful beveled barbola mirror, c.1930.’
1920s: an arbitrary formation from barbotine.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.