One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Using barbless hooks will always make the fish easier to release and if possible, try to do the releasing whilst the fish is still in the water.’
- ‘Separate nets for large and small fish, barbless hooks, keepnet restrictions and minimum line strengths are all common regulations on the area's many stillwater fisheries.’
- ‘Not only is the move good for the fish - barbless hooks are easier to remove from their mouths, meaning they're being handled less - but good for the fishers as well.’
- ‘The tongue of a young woodpecker is barbless.’
- ‘We use barbless hooks which are removed with the minimum of fuss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.