Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Ringworm of the face or neck communicated by unsterilized shaving apparatus.
- ‘In the days when men went to the barber daily for a shave, tinea barbae was called barber's itch.’
- ‘The condition of barber's itch itself is often confused with multiple ingrown hairs that often occur naturally in people.’
- ‘Pure sandalwood oil soothes chapped skin and barber's rash while comfrey, calendula, and aloe calm irritations.’
- ‘A couple of days and the barber's rash should clear up.’
- ‘A variant form of impetigo is called barber's itch because it is often acquired in barber shops.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.