One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ringworm of the face or neck communicated by unsterilized shaving apparatus.
- ‘A couple of days and the barber's rash should clear up.’
- ‘A variant form of impetigo is called barber's itch because it is often acquired in barber shops.’
- ‘Pure sandalwood oil soothes chapped skin and barber's rash while comfrey, calendula, and aloe calm irritations.’
- ‘In the days when men went to the barber daily for a shave, tinea barbae was called barber's itch.’
- ‘The condition of barber's itch itself is often confused with multiple ingrown hairs that often occur naturally in people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.