One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short-coated sheep with a long neck ruff, found in the high deserts of northern Africa.Also called aoudad
- ‘A Barbary sheep with a badly overgrown hoof was also seen by Minett, the affected foot ‘clearly causing it intense pain’.’
- ‘Distinct from other species of wild sheep, the Barbary sheep has a mane of long, soft hair on the throat, chest and upper forelegs.’
- ‘A lone cheetah, a lone tiger and an African lion and a couple of lionesses are no more exciting than small herds of kangaroo, deer, giraffe or Barbary sheep.’
- ‘I became interested in exotic animals - things such as orangutans and Barbary sheep, or aoudads.’
- ‘Commercially grown and wild populations of Barbary sheep are legally hunted in New Mexico and Texas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.