One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No less sincerely did they consider the Soviet regime to be a product of the backwardness and barbarousness of Russian conditions.’
- ‘Babits was a classicist: the legacy of Greece and Rome meant more to him than what he felt was the barbarousness of the Old Testament.’
- ‘It's a passionate, daring and unflinching look at the barbarousness of war.’
- ‘A Londoner by birth and inclination, he couldn't stand ‘the barbarousness and insipid dulnesse of the Country’.’
- ‘The outcry against such autocratic barbarousness became nearly universal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.