One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Animals were barbarically killed even next to children's playgrounds.’
- ‘One of those is Kenneth Bigley, a British engineer held hostage by terrorists who have already barbarically murdered his two American comrades.’
- ‘Most chillingly, we lost one of our own in the terrorist war, the brilliant Journal reporter, Daniel Pearl, kidnapped and barbarically murdered in Pakistan.’
- ‘Take, for example, the horrible news coming out of Iraq about contract workers for Halliburton and other war corporations being brutally killed and their bodies barbarically desecrated.’
- ‘He is in a tricky position, trying to lead a country divided on a fundamental point of law, but this doesn't justify allowing one of his citizens to be barbarically beaten to death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.