One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We are endowed by our Creator with the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, and to the extent that we choose wrong, we yield to the evil and unholy forces of barbarianism.’
- ‘If this barbarianism continues we will be compelled to defend the defenceless, and the best way of defence is to attack first.’
- ‘The incident was neither a confrontation between nations nor one between civilization and barbarianism, but a fight between goodness and evil.’
- ‘The majority of hip listeners in the pre-punk period weren't pining for the back-to-basics barbarianism of the Pistols, they were quite contentedly listening to a diffuse, eclectic array of "progressive" music.’
- ‘"When people feel that they are the product of some accident and not the intended creation of God, they are filled with a sense of hopelessness and there is an almost pagan barbarianism in the way some people would act," Mr. Wright said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.