One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in East Africa) a public meeting place.
- ‘From the narrow streets of Stone Town to the barazas of N'gambo and throughout the villages this was the only topic of conversation as the island rapidly acquired the atmosphere of mourning.’
- ‘The barazas targeted the affected communities to inform them about the project, the resettlement programme and the procedures for purchase of land.’
- ‘On the first floor there is a large airy double bedroom with a balcony and seating and extra barazas for sleeping.’
- ‘These barazas provide a lot of the social life of the people.’
- ‘Before the fence was constructed, we set up barazas to educate people on the purpose of the fence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.