One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With no exceptions.‘the greatest living American poet bar none’
- ‘These small rainswept isles off the western end of the vast Eurasian landmass have contributed far more to the well-being of the rest of humanity than any other country, bar none.’
- ‘We've got the worst streets in Canada, bar none.’
- ‘It appeared in this paper the following week and I think now, as I thought then, that it was one of the finest photographs of the year, bar none.’
- ‘He said it was the best album he's ever heard in his life bar none.’
- ‘At the moment he's the team's most consistent performer, bar none.’
- ‘He was the greatest player I ever played with, in any position, bar none.’
- ‘As of right now, this is the album of the year, bar none.’
- ‘In Scotland we have the best golf destinations in the world bar none and all supported by excellent infrastructure and service, something Ireland cannot always offer.’
- ‘He said: ‘We know we are fighting against a multi-billion pound industry, the biggest industry in the world bar none, but we have to keep believing.’’
- ‘As far as Jim was concerned, he was the greatest player in the world, bar none.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.