One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bar tack
- ‘Silk ribbon tastefully stitched around the lower waistband, and charming ribbon tab on the back besom pocket, and bar-tacked side seam pockets.’
- ‘These packs are constructed with beefy 1000 denier nylon and 1050 denier Ballistics, plus all stress points are bar-tacked for North Country durability.’
- ‘It is bar-tacked at critical stress points, wind-resistant and water-repellant with a polyurethane coating.’
- ‘In the center of the Zeltbahnen has a double flapped opening to allow the user's head through when it is raining, which is bar-tacked inside and out and they have two buttons at the neck opening.’
- ‘I bar-tacked it every time it started/ended or where I couldn't sew it to allow where the compression straps ran under.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.