One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Christian rite of baptism.‘we will renew our baptismal vows’‘baptismal rites’
- ‘Baptismal traditions are determined by the religious denomination of the family.’
- ‘Eight granite columns with marble Corinthian capitals encircle the baptismal basin, now much degraded.’
- ‘The baptismal ceremony a week later was the scene of even greater celebrations.’
- ‘According to his baptismal certificate, he was baptized on January 9, 1966.’
- ‘The second determinant was the status recorded in baptismal registers.’
- ‘The conflict revolved around the content of the new covenant signified by baptismal waters.’
- ‘His critique of baptismal theology, however, was not solely directed at British Baptists.’
- ‘Because white baptismal clothing is absolutely essential, poor parents reportedly spend food money on the appropriate dress.’
- ‘Men could protect the honor of mothers by not listing their names in the baptismal record.’
- ‘The font, decorated with five baptismal scenes, rests on feet in the form of cattle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.