One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Christian rite of baptism.‘we will renew our baptismal vows’‘baptismal rites’
- ‘His critique of baptismal theology, however, was not solely directed at British Baptists.’
- ‘Because white baptismal clothing is absolutely essential, poor parents reportedly spend food money on the appropriate dress.’
- ‘The second determinant was the status recorded in baptismal registers.’
- ‘Baptismal traditions are determined by the religious denomination of the family.’
- ‘The baptismal ceremony a week later was the scene of even greater celebrations.’
- ‘According to his baptismal certificate, he was baptized on January 9, 1966.’
- ‘Men could protect the honor of mothers by not listing their names in the baptismal record.’
- ‘The font, decorated with five baptismal scenes, rests on feet in the form of cattle.’
- ‘Eight granite columns with marble Corinthian capitals encircle the baptismal basin, now much degraded.’
- ‘The conflict revolved around the content of the new covenant signified by baptismal waters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.