One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They often speak banteringly, but they have the credentials and the clout to back what they say.’
- ‘To carry this on the proposed trip was too great a risk, and I was asked banteringly to act as banker.’
- ‘She banteringly replied that she did not believe him and dared him to prove the truth of his assertion.’
- ‘‘I was just going to observe,’ said Storrs banteringly, what a strong resemblance there is between you and your aunt.’’
- ‘‘I was advising Brother Nikhil to seek your protection,’ she continued banteringly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.