One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Immediately, the room banterers snidely remarked on my effort to be appear intelligent, of having way too much time on my hands, etc.’
- ‘In fact, in modern usage, ‘scoundrel’ can be a playful term referring to a prankster or banterer.’
- ‘The players were surprisingly down-to-earth away from the table and it was interesting that a couple of the loudest banterers at the table actually were very friendly and pretty quiet in real life.’
- ‘Well, she's not the snappiest of banterers, but that's all right.’
- ‘Ivey's gradual meltdown from confident banterer to disheveled mutterer is valiantly limned, layered with dozens of revealing looks signaling fear and frustration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.