One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The players were surprisingly down-to-earth away from the table and it was interesting that a couple of the loudest banterers at the table actually were very friendly and pretty quiet in real life.’
- ‘Ivey's gradual meltdown from confident banterer to disheveled mutterer is valiantly limned, layered with dozens of revealing looks signaling fear and frustration.’
- ‘Immediately, the room banterers snidely remarked on my effort to be appear intelligent, of having way too much time on my hands, etc.’
- ‘Well, she's not the snappiest of banterers, but that's all right.’
- ‘In fact, in modern usage, ‘scoundrel’ can be a playful term referring to a prankster or banterer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.