One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bamboo transverse flute of northern India.
- ‘Structurally, the bansuri is a cylindrical bamboo tube, with one sealed end and uniformly placed six or seven open finger holes.’
- ‘Shango does have its milder moments of tablas and bansuris, but those tracks are too deep and delicate for the rave environment.’
- ‘The first performance of the day was from Venkatesh Godkhindi and his 15 students on the bansuri.’
- ‘The bansuri is a flute made of bamboo and is played horizontally.’
- ‘The blend of contemporary beats with the ageless sound of the oud, vocals and bansuri flute is entirely convincing and unforced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.