Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bamboo transverse flute of northern India.
- ‘Structurally, the bansuri is a cylindrical bamboo tube, with one sealed end and uniformly placed six or seven open finger holes.’
- ‘The bansuri is a flute made of bamboo and is played horizontally.’
- ‘Shango does have its milder moments of tablas and bansuris, but those tracks are too deep and delicate for the rave environment.’
- ‘The blend of contemporary beats with the ageless sound of the oud, vocals and bansuri flute is entirely convincing and unforced.’
- ‘The first performance of the day was from Venkatesh Godkhindi and his 15 students on the bansuri.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.