One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The slaughtered animals would have yielded a large quantity of meat, far in excess of the needs of 22 banqueters, and probably enough to supply the entire population of the town around the palace.’
- ‘The principal banqueter is joined by six participants, all of whom hold cups in their right hands.’
- ‘The reclining banqueters do not show the characteristics of either of the two known painters discussed above.’
- ‘The number of seated banqueters could thus correspond to the number of miniature kylikes found in room 7.’
- ‘One could say that our situation is like a ‘gigantic development of the parable in the Bible of the rich banqueter and the poor man Lazarus.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.