One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small-flowered climbing rose native to China.
Rosa banksiae, family Rosaceae
- ‘A screened gazebo off the upper deck, soon to be covered with banksia roses, gives you extra shelter from the elements.’
- ‘The banksia roses curtain into darkness the low verandah where people are chatting together.’
- ‘He holds a basket filled with succulent mangoes, persimmons, and black plums among cascades of banksia roses, sweet peas, and blue bells dappled with alyssum.’
- ‘This is the hardiest of the banksia roses but will thrive only in frost-free gardens.’
- ‘There was no sign of the banksia roses that wound their way through the arch that once marked the entrance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.