One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A standing order to a bank to make specified payments from one's account to a particular recipient.
cheque, order, money order, bill of exchange, postal orderView synonyms
- ‘A particularly useful way of making a donation is via banker's orders, which transfer a fixed amount of money from supporters to the Campaign each month.’
- ‘If you wish to make the payment by banker's order in future years, you should make a new banker's order.’
- ‘Members paying by banker's order will be requested to complete new forms for 2008.’
- ‘This subscription will not be banked or any banker's orders initiated until your application has been approved.’
- ‘Over half of this comes from our regular planned giving - banker's orders and tax reclaimed on covenants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.