Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cheque card
- ‘Cheques are welcomed provided you have a valid banker's card which exceeds the amount being paid.’
- ‘Cheques are accepted provided they are covered by a valid banker's card.’
- ‘To make calls to the French provinces or foreign countries, use the phone-point on the first floor with a France Telecom phone card or a banker's card.’
- ‘If the payment method is by ‘Banker's Card ’, you must fill in the secure form with the details of the banker's card to be debited.’
- ‘One elderly lady in Malton was persuaded to part with £240, and was intimidated into giving a series of cheques, each supported by banker's cards.’
- ‘Please make sure that you have a banker's card and identity with a photo or passport if you are one of our many foreign visitors.’
- ‘The hospitals accept all major credit cards, cash and personal cheque with a banker's card.’
- ‘We accept cheques, cash and a selection of banker's cards.’
- ‘We accept cash, personal cheques on production of a valid banker's card, travellers cheques and all major credit/debit cards.’
- ‘Payment should be made directly to the Service Engineer, using credit card or a cheque supported by a banker's card.’
- ‘Payment may be made by cash or cheque that is supported by a valid banker's card (up to card maximum).’
- ‘When payment is made by banker's card, debiting of the card will be effected in French Francs at the time of GALATEO's acceptance of the order.’
- ‘Despite possessing an international banker's card and money in the bank, the immigration service ruled she lacked enough funds to support herself in the UK.’
- ‘As he lay dying outside the club two items were stolen from him - a Nokia 8310 mobile phone and a brown leather wallet containing the withdrawn £20, a banker's card and Sky television card.’
- ‘For amounts not covered by a banker's card, payment by cheque must be made three working days prior to departure.’
- ‘We accept payment with cheques up to the limit on your banker's cards, credit/debits cards and cash.’
- ‘To help strengthen your recall ability even more, try imagining your library full of gold-plated books or your garden full of trees with banker's cards hanging from the branches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.