Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘When you're a phenomenon on both sides of the Atlantic - courtesy of American Idol and The X Factor - that multi-million-dollar bankability needs to be attended to 24 / 7.’
- ‘Sweet but not cloying, this faltering hit gave Eddie profile and bankability.’
- ‘The film gave Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio their first taste of true movie stardom and bankability.’
- ‘Later, the lead financier, ICICI, suggested certain modifications to be made in the concession agreement to improve the bankability of the project…’
- ‘On the contrary, after a quiet interlude, she is back with a flourish of unlifted, curvaceous, middle-aged bankability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.