One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person in charge of a local branch of a bank.
- ‘So I call my branch, and my friendly bank manager doesn't call me back.’
- ‘Snub your local bank manager and buy a book for £15 on how to manage your money.’
- ‘Martin works for a Chelmsford-based housing association and Lorraine, 33, is a bank manager in the city.’
- ‘I also work with a bank manager at Barclays through the Premier Account service.’
- ‘What made the story even more intriguing was that all involved knew perfectly well who No Face was - the local bank manager.’
- ‘He could have made one call, of course: to his own bank manager.’
- ‘Then I started enjoying it, and now I don't know how to stop - although my bank manager would probably like me to.’
- ‘One day, when she'd made it to eleven, she sat a scholarship exam in a classroom with the bank manager as her supervisor.’
- ‘The former bank manager had not worked at the branch where the robbery happened and the fact he was passing was coincidence, police said.’
- ‘Now, unless you have an unfeasibly large wine budget or a sympathetic bank manager, Pomerol's top wines are out of reach.’
- ‘I wrote to our bank manager at NatWest explaining that we were applying to the Court of Protection for my son to be appointed her attorney.’
- ‘If there is one phrase in the brochure world certain to put a sweat on your bank manager's brow, it is ‘water villa’.’
- ‘I recommend that you discuss your proposition in full with your bank manager, accountant and legal adviser.’
- ‘Aboard we have Sylvia, the local bank manager who manages Nigel's apartment.’
- ‘Our bank manager confessed to being prohibited from putting anything in writing, which is why he expects clients to speak to him directly.’
- ‘When the bank manager drove there, the businessman hit him in the mouth, injuring his nose and face bones.’
- ‘Usually threats from the bank manager and unpaid bills on the kitchen table mean the idea remains nothing more than an unfulfilled ambition.’
- ‘My bank manager thinks so anyway, because I've never had to meet him.’
- ‘Throughout history, and well into the Nineties, the bank manager was seen as a pillar of his local community.’
- ‘First, the bank manager needs to understand what the business plan is and what the business objectives are.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.