One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of dance music) having a loud relentless beat.
pounding, banging, thumping, thudding, booming, hammering, battering, crashingView synonyms
- ‘Still even this amount will help alleviate the banging techno on the temples and the overpowering, unfightable, desire to die.’
- ‘Lightly chucking verse, big banging chorus, periodically insert lead guitar hook and presto!’
- ‘After departing ways with DJ Darren Emerson, many fans thought Underworld would cease to produce the same banging sets.’
- ‘Huge drum calls, banging beats and thrilling jump-up energy herald his arrival.’
- ‘I once went out to the dim lights of the banging disco music in the heart of Melbourne's finest hours, Saturday night.’
- 1.1 Excellent.‘a bangin' night out’
excellent, superb, superlative, first-rate, first-class, superior, outstanding, remarkable, dazzling, marvellous, magnificent, wonderful, splendid, admirable, noteworthy, impressive, fine, exquisite, exceptional, glorious, sublime, peerless, perfect, of the first waterView synonyms
- ‘He hugged me, introduced me to some of The Fine Arts Militia, and they did a banging performance knocking us all down with the funk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.