One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A saw consisting of an endless moving steel belt with a serrated edge.
- ‘They're all made with bandsaws and have strings.’
- ‘At the heart of most shops, you can find a heavy-duty table saw or bandsaw, a thickness planer, and a jointer.’
- ‘In this exhibition, Terry Maker showed a dozen wall sculptures dated 2000 or 2001, most made of painted canvas rolled up into skinny tubes and cut in short lengths with a bandsaw.’
- ‘The tools used comprise the usual suspects: hoists, tongs, routers, chainsaws, bandsaws and chisels.’
- ‘Robert cuts the tubes into 3-inch lengths with his bandsaw.’
- ‘Mr Stockting, a bandsaw operator, said: ‘This has got to stop.’’
- ‘Between bouts of running a portable bandsaw mill and helping local people and businesses with computer problems, he tries to find time to play the violin and cello.’
- ‘When the company introduced the bandsaw is still a mystery, but there are no ship saws listed in their 1888 catalog.’
- ‘The iMac keyboard is pretty sturdy and if you are careful you can actually lop almost a quarter inch off each end with a bandsaw, without cutting anything crucial.’
- ‘The firm has also recently taken delivery of a new 60 ins bandsaw which can handle most large logs, and serves other woodworkers in the area.’
- ‘The professionals often speed the process up with a bandsaw, but these have a tendency to waste a lot of bowstaves until you know what you're doing.’
- ‘The upper bearing is made with revolving shaft running in adjustable bearings, same as our regular bandsaws.’
- ‘This is the sort of pattern one might expect from a bandsaw, with the slant resulting from the forward feed of the block.’
- ‘Use a bandsaw to cut the radius to a depth of no more than 1-1/4 inches.’
- ‘Need to cut a length of tube steel out in the scrap pile, but don't want to dig the steel out and haul it to a shop bandsaw?’
- ‘A hacksaw or metal cutting bandsaw is the tool to use here.’
- ‘Her father was a bandsaw operator, and her mother looked after Mrs Austin and her two sisters.’
- ‘The bandsaw, which was used to cut large pieces of meat and bone, was situated in the shop's main walkway, where people regularly passed by.’
- ‘This shaft powered a bandsaw, a lawn mower sharpener, an emery wheel grinder, a disc sharpener, a forge blower, and a trip hammer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.