One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Spanish bandit.
bandit, brigand, robber, outlaw, ruffian, desperado, plunderer, marauder, raider, ravager, pillager, freebooter, criminal, thug, gangsterView synonyms
- ‘The bandolero caught up the packhorse's leadrope but the packhorse balked and squatted on its haunches.’
- ‘The bandoleros were not soldiers; they did not fight according to the rules of warfare.’
- ‘Antonio Banderas is a bandolero out to get even in Desperado.’
- ‘In the Seventies, the Spanish ballad was reborn, with shoot-outs and drug-runners replacing bandoleros and revolution.’
- ‘When he finds out the Bandoleros are after him, he pushes back, targeting their loved ones, forcing them to bring the fight to him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.