One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Spanish bandit.
bandit, brigand, robber, outlaw, ruffian, desperado, plunderer, marauder, raider, ravager, pillager, freebooter, criminal, thug, gangsterView synonyms
- ‘The bandolero caught up the packhorse's leadrope but the packhorse balked and squatted on its haunches.’
- ‘In the Seventies, the Spanish ballad was reborn, with shoot-outs and drug-runners replacing bandoleros and revolution.’
- ‘When he finds out the Bandoleros are after him, he pushes back, targeting their loved ones, forcing them to bring the fight to him.’
- ‘The bandoleros were not soldiers; they did not fight according to the rules of warfare.’
- ‘Antonio Banderas is a bandolero out to get even in Desperado.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.