One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian rat that is a destructive pest in many places.
Genera Bandicota and Nesokia, family Muridae: four species, in particular the large B. indica
- ‘In this isolated oasis, unique species evolved: the smooth-covered otter, bandicoot rat, the thrasher-like Iraqi babbler and the buni fish are found nowhere else.’
- ‘The bandicoot rat has a short head, broad muzzle, and a scaly, almost hairless tail.’
- ‘Burrows are made by Norway rats, bandicoot rats, and sometimes, house mice.’
- ‘At the Snake Park they were fed chickens and bandicoot rats, but in the wild they have a more interesting diet.’
- ‘The pelage of the bandicoot rat varies from coarse, short, harsh, and semispinous to long, fine and silky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.