One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bullfighter who uses banderillas.
- ‘Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.’
- ‘The banderillero, carrying a banderilla in each hand, runs towards the charging bull at an angle and places the banderillas in its neck.’
- ‘From that time, it began to follow a particular sequence of events: the entrance of the bull, the picador, the banderilleros, and finally the matador (bullfighter).’
- ‘Next the picadores, mounted on horseback, gore the bull with lances to weaken him, and the banderilleros stick colored banners into his neck.’
- ‘Juan Francisco Esplá is another veteran and also an outstanding banderillero; he is the most complete matador of the group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.