One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bullfighter who uses banderillas.
- ‘Next the picadores, mounted on horseback, gore the bull with lances to weaken him, and the banderilleros stick colored banners into his neck.’
- ‘From that time, it began to follow a particular sequence of events: the entrance of the bull, the picador, the banderilleros, and finally the matador (bullfighter).’
- ‘Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.’
- ‘Juan Francisco Esplá is another veteran and also an outstanding banderillero; he is the most complete matador of the group.’
- ‘The banderillero, carrying a banderilla in each hand, runs towards the charging bull at an angle and places the banderillas in its neck.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.