Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for numbat
- ‘Numbats are also known as the banded anteater and the marsupial anteater.’
- ‘The banded anteater of Australia is related to the platypus.’
- ‘Its other name is banded anteater, although its favourite food is termites.’
- ‘The banded anteater (also known as the numbat) is a pouchless, diurnal marsupial from Australia.’
- ‘Other wildlife species found in the reserve include the banded anteater, ocelot, coyote, black crested eagle, and emerald toucanet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.