One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Queensland became Bananaland in 1880, South Australia became the home of the croweaters in 1881, Melbourne became Marvellous Melbourne in 1885, and Adelaide became the city of churches in 1873.’
- ‘Often driving here in Bananaland we are exposed to Beattie's endless waffle and motherhood statements from these advertising screens.’
- ‘It seems the itsy-bitsy import's company car was stolen while he was taking his ease in Bananaland.’
- ‘If and when this icon ever retires, it will be a sad day in Bananaland.’
- ‘On the other hand, Bananaland now has 20 tonnes of apples and 20 tonnes of oranges to consume.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.