Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It seems the itsy-bitsy import's company car was stolen while he was taking his ease in Bananaland.’
- ‘Queensland became Bananaland in 1880, South Australia became the home of the croweaters in 1881, Melbourne became Marvellous Melbourne in 1885, and Adelaide became the city of churches in 1873.’
- ‘Often driving here in Bananaland we are exposed to Beattie's endless waffle and motherhood statements from these advertising screens.’
- ‘On the other hand, Bananaland now has 20 tonnes of apples and 20 tonnes of oranges to consume.’
- ‘If and when this icon ever retires, it will be a sad day in Bananaland.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.