One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sweet dish made with bananas cut down the middle and filled with ice cream, sauce, and nuts.
- ‘In concept and appearance, this encased dessert holds all the promise of a swaddled banana split - or at least a churro.’
- ‘But what's a banana split without marshmallow, strawberry sauce, or maple walnuts?’
- ‘Who could forget his or her first banana split or chocolate sundae?’
- ‘I have this mini-meal when I'm craving a banana split.’
- ‘Everyone ordered dessert which consisted of a peach cobbler pie, three chocolate sundaes, a banana split and two tiramisus.’
- ‘Then we shared a banana split for dessert and I had some coffee.’
- ‘We finally finished up at the diner, only after I had to patiently wait for Liz to finish her double banana split hot chocolate fudge sundae and doubled meal.’
- ‘Still shaking from the cold, I ordered a hot chocolate instead of my usual banana split.’
- ‘It's a seafood guy's prim, tricky version of a banana split, and it tasted pretty great, even to a meat guy like me.’
- ‘One list of these contains such favourites as cheesecake, warm apple pie, fudge cake, sherry trifle, summer pudding and banana split.’
- ‘As for dessert, well, forget about mouthwatering cheesecake, banana split or tiramisu as they are not on the list.’
- ‘But then they tossed them in so much butter and olive oil that I would have been better off ordering a banana split.’
- ‘I had gotten a hot fudge sundae and Brian got a banana split.’
- ‘Their banana split is done with crème fraîche and warm chocolate sauce - for just £1.50.’
- ‘May will have the medium banana split with strawberry, chocolate, and French vanilla.’
- ‘‘I'll have a go at a banana split in that case,’ I added.’
- ‘I looked down at the large remainder of the banana split sundae and sighed.’
- ‘There were two slices of pizza, a turkey sandwich, a banana split, and an ice cold soda.’
- ‘I got my classic favourite, a banana split, and Lara ordered a fudge sundae.’
- ‘I had a trio of sorbets (peach cognac, strawberry ouzo, raspberry/pear tequiia) instead of the banana split since I don't like bananas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.