One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sweet dish made with bananas cut down the middle and filled with ice cream, sauce, and nuts.
- ‘Everyone ordered dessert which consisted of a peach cobbler pie, three chocolate sundaes, a banana split and two tiramisus.’
- ‘I had gotten a hot fudge sundae and Brian got a banana split.’
- ‘We finally finished up at the diner, only after I had to patiently wait for Liz to finish her double banana split hot chocolate fudge sundae and doubled meal.’
- ‘As for dessert, well, forget about mouthwatering cheesecake, banana split or tiramisu as they are not on the list.’
- ‘‘I'll have a go at a banana split in that case,’ I added.’
- ‘But what's a banana split without marshmallow, strawberry sauce, or maple walnuts?’
- ‘Then we shared a banana split for dessert and I had some coffee.’
- ‘Their banana split is done with crème fraîche and warm chocolate sauce - for just £1.50.’
- ‘Still shaking from the cold, I ordered a hot chocolate instead of my usual banana split.’
- ‘Who could forget his or her first banana split or chocolate sundae?’
- ‘It's a seafood guy's prim, tricky version of a banana split, and it tasted pretty great, even to a meat guy like me.’
- ‘In concept and appearance, this encased dessert holds all the promise of a swaddled banana split - or at least a churro.’
- ‘I have this mini-meal when I'm craving a banana split.’
- ‘May will have the medium banana split with strawberry, chocolate, and French vanilla.’
- ‘I looked down at the large remainder of the banana split sundae and sighed.’
- ‘I got my classic favourite, a banana split, and Lara ordered a fudge sundae.’
- ‘I had a trio of sorbets (peach cognac, strawberry ouzo, raspberry/pear tequiia) instead of the banana split since I don't like bananas.’
- ‘There were two slices of pizza, a turkey sandwich, a banana split, and an ice cold soda.’
- ‘But then they tossed them in so much butter and olive oil that I would have been better off ordering a banana split.’
- ‘One list of these contains such favourites as cheesecake, warm apple pie, fudge cake, sherry trifle, summer pudding and banana split.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.