Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single-pole connector with a curved strip of metal forming a spring along its tip.
- ‘If in doubt, you're better off with banana plugs, which plug right into the ends of most binding posts.’
- ‘The present day demands of high quality audio playback far exceed the capabilities of the banana plug as an acceptable connector.’
- ‘Therefore with these laptops you do not need the Universal banana plug cable or a DC adapter to interface with your laptop.’
- ‘Browse our selection of banana plug and banana jack configurations as well as check available inventory.’
- ‘A New Zealand reader asks why we favour banana plugs on speaker cables when the manufacturer of his speaker recommends bare wire connections.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.