One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Children may be the future, as the authors banally point out, but adults are the people who decide the direction.’
- ‘(All banally true, but in the context of the programme, it was a sudden outbreak of sensitivity).’
- ‘And often it's an entirely banally insignificant spot.’
- ‘Say what you want about her often banally produced records; live, Jewel's a gem of a solo performer who's both self-aware and truly, outrageously funny.’
- ‘Number 3 seems banally sensible, until you read Howard's closing statement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.