One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Black, Asian, and minority ethnic (used to refer to members of non-white communities in the UK).
- ‘Around 20% of the teachers are from BAME backgrounds.’
- ‘If you work with BAME communities that face socio-economic disadvantage we encourage you to use evidence from your work to inform this review.’
- ‘The event was also an opportunity for BAME residents to meet with the Whitefriars’ community cohesion and engagement officer.’
- ‘The scheme links school and college pupils with BAME university students, who act as role models and provide academic support.’
- ‘BAME students are making good use of higher education opportunities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.