One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Black, Asian, and minority ethnic (used to refer to members of non-white communities in the UK).
- ‘The event was also an opportunity for BAME residents to meet with the Whitefriars’ community cohesion and engagement officer.’
- ‘Around 20% of the teachers are from BAME backgrounds.’
- ‘BAME students are making good use of higher education opportunities.’
- ‘If you work with BAME communities that face socio-economic disadvantage we encourage you to use evidence from your work to inform this review.’
- ‘The scheme links school and college pupils with BAME university students, who act as role models and provide academic support.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.