One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the French novelist Honoré de Balzac or his works.‘a gigantic Balzacian tyrant’
- ‘Throughout, the characteristically intrusive Balzacian narrator pushes in.’
- ‘At his Balzacian best, he radiated warmth, buoyancy, optimism and hope.’
- ‘Superficially, his novel resembles those grand Dickensian and Balzacian novels of sudden social rise or fall.’
- ‘He wrote a series of Balzacian studies of depressing life.’
- ‘The movie moves slowly, cuts out Balzacian dialogue and adds new dialogue of its own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.