One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the French novelist Honoré de Balzac or his works.‘a gigantic Balzacian tyrant’
- ‘Throughout, the characteristically intrusive Balzacian narrator pushes in.’
- ‘Superficially, his novel resembles those grand Dickensian and Balzacian novels of sudden social rise or fall.’
- ‘The movie moves slowly, cuts out Balzacian dialogue and adds new dialogue of its own.’
- ‘He wrote a series of Balzacian studies of depressing life.’
- ‘At his Balzacian best, he radiated warmth, buoyancy, optimism and hope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.