One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Upstairs, the bedrooms lead to a balustraded balcony.’
- ‘The neo-classical house features a main doorway framed with Ionic pillars and topped by a balustraded balcony complete with carved stone coat of arms.’
- ‘They range from kitsch Tyrolean examples, complete with ornate synthetic roof tiles and balustraded balconies, to far less showy Scandinavian-style laminated timber homes.’
- ‘A short flight of balustraded stairs leads to an upper landing with the master bedroom with en suite on one side and another equally large bedroom on the other.’
- ‘On the roofs of many of these houses on the Battery, built by prosperous shipping kings, are small gazebos and balustraded walkways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.