One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the roofs of many of these houses on the Battery, built by prosperous shipping kings, are small gazebos and balustraded walkways.’
- ‘A short flight of balustraded stairs leads to an upper landing with the master bedroom with en suite on one side and another equally large bedroom on the other.’
- ‘The neo-classical house features a main doorway framed with Ionic pillars and topped by a balustraded balcony complete with carved stone coat of arms.’
- ‘They range from kitsch Tyrolean examples, complete with ornate synthetic roof tiles and balustraded balconies, to far less showy Scandinavian-style laminated timber homes.’
- ‘Upstairs, the bedrooms lead to a balustraded balcony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.