One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of electrical transformer used to connect an unbalanced circuit to a balanced one.
- ‘They weigh less than most current baluns and coax coils, and they are less bulky.’
- ‘You may have received these little baluns packaged with appliances in the past.’
- ‘Also included are three lengths of shrink tubing to enclose the balun and hold it in place on the cable.’
- ‘All baluns, even transmission line baluns, will have significant flux in the core with real-world loads.’
- ‘In a simple dipole, the balun assures that the dipole, and not the feed line, is doing the radiating!’
From bal(ance to) un(balance transformer).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.