One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of electrical transformer used to connect an unbalanced circuit to a balanced one.
- ‘You may have received these little baluns packaged with appliances in the past.’
- ‘They weigh less than most current baluns and coax coils, and they are less bulky.’
- ‘In a simple dipole, the balun assures that the dipole, and not the feed line, is doing the radiating!’
- ‘Also included are three lengths of shrink tubing to enclose the balun and hold it in place on the cable.’
- ‘All baluns, even transmission line baluns, will have significant flux in the core with real-world loads.’
From bal(ance to) un(balance transformer).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.