Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or characteristic of the US city of Baltimore in Maryland or its inhabitants.‘uniquely Baltimorean characters’
- ‘The musical is about Tracy, a Baltimorean high-schooler from the early sixties.’
- ‘Throughout the years, both have become recognizable icons of the Baltimorean culture.’
An inhabitant of the US city of Baltimore in Maryland.‘any Baltimorean would be delighted to serve these crab cakes’
- ‘The Baltimorean takes issue with public education.’
- ‘Any Baltimorean would be delighted to serve these crab cakes.’
- ‘He was a self-sustaining and solvent Baltimorean.’
- ‘I spoke to a young Baltimorean who was at his first classical concert.’
- ‘Advised by another expatriate Baltimorean, he continued his collecting activities.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.