One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark, sweet Italian vinegar that has been matured in wooden barrels.
- ‘Rinse and dry the watercress, and dress it with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.’
- ‘Garnish each with garlic chips and garnish plate with rosemary, olives and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘Put the carrots in a baking dish, spoon in the honey, and pour a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘Cut the larger tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with a grinding of salt and pepper, the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano leaves pulled from their stems.’
- ‘A plate of bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil helped ease the pain of a 40-minute wait for the first course, as did our bottle of decent Argentinian Malbec.’
- ‘The signature drink features aged balsamic vinegar and charred, wood-roasted tomato puree.’
- ‘Its taste was pretty similar to dark balsamic vinegar, but my tastebuds may have been past their peak of alertness by then.’
- ‘Drizzle some olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar over the dish and garnish with parsley.’
- ‘Being carnivores, Joe suggested the pan fried fillet steak done in a red wine and gorgonzola sauce with potatoes done in balsamic vinegar and rosemary.’
- ‘If something really needs that 100 year old balsamic vinegar or a dusting of Valrhona cocoa powder, I'm putting that on.’
- ‘Here I substituted some of the ingredients called for, such as hazelnuts for almonds and white balsamic vinegar for brown rice vinegar.’
- ‘Again, extremely fresh and tasty, we added it to the lunch menu with a simple dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.’
- ‘And I brought myself to try and make strawberry mousse with balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘Dress up a platter of fresh vegetables with a shallow dish of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar seasoned with salt and pepper.’
- ‘Add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘He wears a white chef coat and sturdy kitchen shoes, and speaks with the appropriate reverence about the great aged balsamic vinegar of Modena.’
- ‘Mark ordered pizza with smelly gorganzola, pineapple and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘They're also marvelous roasted with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, and ginger.’
- ‘Selections range from staples like rice and flour, to gourmet items like balsamic vinegar and dried shiitake mushrooms.’
- ‘Spoon the puree into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and serve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.