One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dark, sweet Italian vinegar that has been matured in wooden barrels.
- ‘Here I substituted some of the ingredients called for, such as hazelnuts for almonds and white balsamic vinegar for brown rice vinegar.’
- ‘Selections range from staples like rice and flour, to gourmet items like balsamic vinegar and dried shiitake mushrooms.’
- ‘Dress up a platter of fresh vegetables with a shallow dish of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar seasoned with salt and pepper.’
- ‘They're also marvelous roasted with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, and ginger.’
- ‘Garnish each with garlic chips and garnish plate with rosemary, olives and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘And I brought myself to try and make strawberry mousse with balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘A plate of bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil helped ease the pain of a 40-minute wait for the first course, as did our bottle of decent Argentinian Malbec.’
- ‘If something really needs that 100 year old balsamic vinegar or a dusting of Valrhona cocoa powder, I'm putting that on.’
- ‘The signature drink features aged balsamic vinegar and charred, wood-roasted tomato puree.’
- ‘Its taste was pretty similar to dark balsamic vinegar, but my tastebuds may have been past their peak of alertness by then.’
- ‘Again, extremely fresh and tasty, we added it to the lunch menu with a simple dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.’
- ‘Being carnivores, Joe suggested the pan fried fillet steak done in a red wine and gorgonzola sauce with potatoes done in balsamic vinegar and rosemary.’
- ‘Rinse and dry the watercress, and dress it with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.’
- ‘Add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Mark ordered pizza with smelly gorganzola, pineapple and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘He wears a white chef coat and sturdy kitchen shoes, and speaks with the appropriate reverence about the great aged balsamic vinegar of Modena.’
- ‘Cut the larger tomatoes in half and toss them in a bowl with a grinding of salt and pepper, the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano leaves pulled from their stems.’
- ‘Spoon the puree into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and serve.’
- ‘Put the carrots in a baking dish, spoon in the honey, and pour a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.’
- ‘Drizzle some olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar over the dish and garnish with parsley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.