Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Bavaria is famous for its well-developed balneological treatment, which tends to attract an average six million tourists annually.’
- ‘He said that US travel agents are interested in the opportunities offered for eco tourism, balneological tourism, recreational relaxation holidays and rural tourism.’
- ‘Brokers said that foreign buyers frequently buy houses close to famous balneological centres or in the mountains, in small villages or towns.’
- ‘Velingrad is the most beautiful and most famous among Bulgarians balneological resorts.’
- ‘Meanwhile, for the first time Bulgaria's mineral water, balneological and village tourism have been advertised abroad at the World Travel Market fair in London.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.