One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to emphasize the reputed toughness of men from Balmain.‘Balmain boys don't cry mate, they only bruise a little’
- ‘He told a royal commission, "Balmain boys don't cry. But if you prick us with a pin, we bleed like anyone else."’
- ‘Balmain boys may not cry but they can get emotional when asked what makes being a dad so special.’
- ‘I'm conscious of a statement by a very prominent Australian who says Balmain boys don't cry.’
- ‘He once famously said that Balmain boys don't cry.’
- ‘It will be interesting to see how many Balmain Boys will be crying that night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.