Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See ballroom dancing
- ‘Take up belly dancing, cycling, ballroom dance.’
- ‘Pre-professional and open-enrollment students can also take Pilates, musical theater, tap and jazz, ballroom dance, and hip-hop.’
- ‘But these folks are serious about making ballroom dance, with many modern influences and additions, the new dance craze of the 21st century.’
- ‘The music was slow and vibrant, perfect for a ballroom dance.’
- ‘They train for about three hours every weekday on ice plus another 1-2 hours off ice doing weightlifting, ballet, jazz, and ballroom dance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.