Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel, especially a coronary artery, by means of a balloon catheter.
- ‘Coronary artery restenosis after balloon angioplasty or stent implantation remains a major limitation to the long-term success of these procedures.’
- ‘They pry open clogged blood vessels with balloon angioplasty and stents, the wire tubes to keep them open.’
- ‘All lesions were predilated with balloon angioplasty before stent implant.’
- ‘Cardiovascular surgeons may use ‘cool’ lasers as an alternative to heart bypass surgery and balloon angioplasty.’
- ‘We now can take these children to the cardiac catheterization laboratory and perform balloon angioplasty of the narrowed valve.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.