Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel, especially a coronary artery, by means of a balloon catheter.
- ‘Cardiovascular surgeons may use ‘cool’ lasers as an alternative to heart bypass surgery and balloon angioplasty.’
- ‘All lesions were predilated with balloon angioplasty before stent implant.’
- ‘We now can take these children to the cardiac catheterization laboratory and perform balloon angioplasty of the narrowed valve.’
- ‘Coronary artery restenosis after balloon angioplasty or stent implantation remains a major limitation to the long-term success of these procedures.’
- ‘They pry open clogged blood vessels with balloon angioplasty and stents, the wire tubes to keep them open.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.