One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel, especially a coronary artery, by means of a balloon catheter.
- ‘Coronary artery restenosis after balloon angioplasty or stent implantation remains a major limitation to the long-term success of these procedures.’
- ‘All lesions were predilated with balloon angioplasty before stent implant.’
- ‘We now can take these children to the cardiac catheterization laboratory and perform balloon angioplasty of the narrowed valve.’
- ‘They pry open clogged blood vessels with balloon angioplasty and stents, the wire tubes to keep them open.’
- ‘Cardiovascular surgeons may use ‘cool’ lasers as an alternative to heart bypass surgery and balloon angioplasty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.