One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They pose balletically in studios, chase each other underwater, admire themselves in store windows.’
- ‘He made a break for the train platform, leaping balletically from the edge of the warehouse roof onto the platform's edge.’
- ‘Akiko and Hanako glide balletically through the trees.’
- ‘I swung my leg balletically up over the edge of the table to reveal that I was wearing orange fluorescent ankle socks.’
- ‘Just as urban gangmembers don't leap about balletically, real hippies had none of the wholesome peppiness displayed by the performers in ‘Hair.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.