One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Akiko and Hanako glide balletically through the trees.’
- ‘He made a break for the train platform, leaping balletically from the edge of the warehouse roof onto the platform's edge.’
- ‘I swung my leg balletically up over the edge of the table to reveal that I was wearing orange fluorescent ankle socks.’
- ‘They pose balletically in studios, chase each other underwater, admire themselves in store windows.’
- ‘Just as urban gangmembers don't leap about balletically, real hippies had none of the wholesome peppiness displayed by the performers in ‘Hair.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.