One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His father was the local balladist and dancer.’
- ‘After the First World War he returned to Egypt and turned from a court bard to a versatile balladist.’
- ‘They know him as that honeyed-vocaled balladist that they fell in love with in 2002.’
- ‘Through the ages, perhaps no other Arab balladist has been quoted more than this desert bard.’
- ‘Last year Eller, a riveting balladist, opened for the Rolling Stones in Rio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.