One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A team of players of a ball game, especially a baseball team.‘few ball clubs have quite as rich a history and tradition as the Dodgers’
- ‘I was around that ball club in spring training.’
- ‘I'm the manager of a ball club.’
- ‘Rarely has any one ball club been stockpiled with such a talented group of young rookie prospects.’
- ‘Legendary manager John McGraw's 1916 Giants might have had the most unusual season any ball club ever has had.’
- ‘The veteran guard deserves much overdue praise for his work ethic in a ball club that is filled with top players.’
- ‘Fiedler needs to be in the game for the sake of the ball club.’
- ‘He's playing a high school coach who takes a misfit group of kids and turns them into a winning, championship ball club.’
- ‘The Giants were a fading ball club in New York.’
- ‘He always hustled, and gave a lot to the ball club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.