One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something outstanding of its kind.
- ‘For the third time in a row, the Swans and Eagles produced a low-scoring but veritable ball-tearer of a match.’
- ‘It's all ball-tearer stuff, easy to use and effective.’
- ‘This is a brilliant, ball-tearer of an album - undoubtedly one of the best domestic releases of recent years and one that anoints Jeff as a guitarist-singer-songwriter of the very highest caliber.’
- ‘Would those whingers who demanded their money back after the admittedly pathetic Australia Day cricket match at Adelaide Oval have volunteered to pay extra had the game been a ball-tearer?’
- ‘From a lacklustre entry with too few titles to some absolute ball-tearers out now, things just keep getting better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.