One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Balkan Mountains or to the countries occupying the part of south-eastern Europe lying south of the Danube and Sava Rivers.‘films from the Balkan countries’‘a Balkan state’
- ‘Will the Balkan region become a center for contemporary dance?’
- ‘She has published extensively on Eastern European and Balkan cinema.’
- ‘The horseshoe-shaped country is in the Balkan peninsula, along the Adriatic coast.’
- ‘The different regions of Greece have absorbed elements of the music of their Turkish, Balkan, and Italian neighbours, so that it is impossible to speak of a single tradition.’
- ‘Right now the focus is mixing Balkan music with Latin American, because those two have discovered each other and are going bananas.’
- ‘He says the post-war pottery is Balkan in style because the Trojans were keen to align themselves with the people there.’
- ‘Macedonian food is typically Balkan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.